8.06.2011

Quick Oreo Brownies

Kari finally moved back to Houston so I made my way over for dinner as soon as her mom flew home.

I was so excited to be able to hang out with her and Abbers in person instead of through weekly emails. Don't get me wrong, the Weekend Updates were great, provided entertainment, and kept us close through these two years of separation, but it's nice to have her here again!

Since Kari had been busy moving we hadn't emailed in a few weeks, so we had a lot to catch up on! When R got home from work he lit the grill and cooked some delicious vegetables and chicken!

After dinner Kari and I were talking about this blog and all of the things she wants to try off of it, especially the Oreo brownies. We decided to whip up a batch, but ran into the issue of the movers having not delivered her stuff, so her kitchen was bare and she didn't want to restock on baking things she would most likely never use again.

Solution! Quick Oreo Brownies. Although not as rich and delicious as the homemade version, still a pretty good substitute.

Quick Oreo Brownies
2 boxes of brownie mix
1 package of oreos
  1. Prepare brownie mix according to box instructions.
  2. Pour half of the batter into a pan (I believe we used 9x9)
  3. Place Oreo's across the first layer of batter
  4. Pour remaining half of batter on top and spread out if needed.
  5. Bake per box directions
  6. Enjoy!
    Don't you just die at the deliciousness that's happening here?

    Kari was impressed with the quick thinking and deliciousness of the treats! She probably would have died had she tasted the original.

    Oreo's covered in brownie mix. Delish!


    She texted me the next day to let me know that R said it's ok for me to move in as long as I keep their brownie supply up! haha. Very tempting!

    Finished! I only used one box mix and that's why you can see my oreo's peeking out. It was still delicious, but I will use two boxes (as mentioned in the recipe) when I make this again.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment