6.22.2012

Whiplash

[Spoiler Alert! Since my posts are a few weeks behind...you may be remembering when you read this and wondering wtf is going on. This obviously happened two weeks before that happened.]

After Marc invited me to Belmont Stakes the first time I rejected the invite. I had many reasons, one being a scheduling conflict. For over a month I'd been planning on going to see The Head and The Heart.

He asked again. And again I said no but provided more reasoning. Basically, I'm selfish. I really like Marc(obviously) but I don't get to see him that often with the whole having half of America in between us thing. So when I do get to see him I don't want to share him with tons of other people (it's a group going to the races).

He asked me a third time. Same answer, I was standing firm.

Then 4 days later I asked him if it was too late to change my mind.

It all happened so fast, and without warning, that I didn't have time to discuss with S+J (since J and I email and workout together most days she's usually up to date on my life)! So when Marc called them, I think they were confused also. When I woke up that morning, I didn't know I was going to change my mind. But I guess my mind has a mind of its own.

Within 6 hours I had made arrangements with Marc and booked my flight. So excite!

Pretty sure my mode swings are giving him whiplash. I bet he and Bella Swan could bond over the feeling.

I was also excited about getting to do another NY trip with my fave husband and wife! That joy ended on Thursday.

Thursday we had Noah's Ark dinner (Jes + Jes, Amanda + Mandy). It was so good to see the girls! We ate at Ruggles and I got the cheese pizza. It was good, but I'll try something else next time. We had a great time chatting about what had been going on in the last few weeks, Mandy's haircut, giving Amanda a hard time for the accidental ditch, etc.

Red Mango was after dinner dessert. I've been there twice before and wasn't too impressed. But this time they had new flavors, which included cake batter, so I'm now on board with Red Mango. The weather was nice, almost chilly, so we ate outside by the lawn. I brought up the NY trip, and that's when Jess broke the news that they weren't going. I almost went into cardiac arrest. I really wonder what my expression looked like from her end.

I was feeling a little anxious about this, but was soon distracted by a fun emotional roller coaster ride that the Biebs took me on:
  1. Excitement because he announced the tour and the prices were reasonable! - I was literally screaming with joy!
  2. Irritation because I have to rejoin the fan club to buy the tickets
  3. Anger at the increased fan club price (last time it was a one time fee of like $30, this time $99. WTF?!?)
  4. Rage - I decided to just wait until the tickets went public, but the step after the fan club sale is the ticket auction. WTF is that?!?!
This Bieb's song summarizes my feelings:


To summarize:
  • No decision I make is ever set in stone.
  • WTF Justin Bieber?

No comments:

Post a Comment