12.18.2012

Spelling

Back in the spelling test days spelling was my least favorite subject/activity. I was much better at the other subjects. Once I thought I knew how to spell something and it turned out to be wrong I had a hard time correcting my way of thinking. There are words that I had trouble with as a kid that I still have to double check. You would think that I would have figured it out in the last 20 years, but I guess I'm kind of slow.

Well I've noticed a new thing that I've been doing while typing: conjoining words.

If there are two words that I often say next to each other, then my mind has somehow married them into one word. It's kind of absurd the combos I come up with. I often don't even realize until I run the spell check.

Here are a few:
  • eachother
  • cookiesheet
  • peanutbutter
A few more annoying things? I have a habit of leaving off the last letter or words, doubling up letters, or leaving one out when there should have been two. How does this happen? I'm only 26 so you would think that my mind wouldn't be deteriorating so soon.

Am I the only one that's getting dumber every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment