7.10.2013

NWSF: Week 1

From my experience I do a crap job at creating and following my own running plans. So I did some research and decided to go with the half marathon plan on my RunKeeper app.  I already record my workouts on here, so it just made sence to have all of the information in one place. It's also nice because it has all 76 workouts already set up in my activity calendar so I don't have to worry about not knowing what comes next.

Monday is my running off day, which also happens to be leg day at the gym. So naturally I upped some of my weight, you know, because that's always a good day before your first 5 mile run in wayyyy too long. Luckily the run went well. The next hurdle was the fact that I was going on vacation the day of the second run.

So here is the breakdown of week 1.

1: 5 slow miles - they were exactly that. It started to sprinkle half way through, so I'll take that as a good omen of new beginnings.

2: 3 slow miles with a few fast (:20) slow (2:00) intervals at the end - This was a hard one because I was having a lot of IT band issues. It took longer than normal because I had to mix in walking to relieve the pain. After some foam rolling, ice, and rest, it felt a lot better.

3: 5 slow miles - Not too bad once I got in the zone. The best part? No IT band pain! But I made sure to roll & ice to prevent it from coming back.

4: 5 slow miles - yeah....I managed to squeeze out 2.39. My legs were beat from all of the walking we had been doing the last two days and I lost the mental battle

5: 7 miles at 9:20-10 pace - After a 5 hour drive home, grocery shopping, and beginning meal prep, I headed out to log some miles. It wasn't pretty, but I finished. Thank you 71% humidity for almost killing me.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment