10.29.2013

Dear Brother


This week marks two years and I still half expect you to be there when I visit home.

You've been showing up in my dreams more frequent which causes most days to be more of an emotional roller coaster. It's exhausting.

I've stopped trying to understand why you lived your life the way you did, because I never will. I just hope that Marsh will learn from it and do better.

I don't feel angry anymore, just sad. Some days unbearable sad.

I wonder what you would be like if you were still alive. Making the same bad choices and ending with the same result? or finally getting clean for good? It doesn't really matter because there aren't any options now.

Two years and I miss you every day.

I don't know exactly what heaven will be like, but I sure hope it's the kind of place where you will be waiting for me when I get there. Until then, I will spend the rest of my life missing you.



Revelation 21:4: And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorry, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things are passed away.



No comments:

Post a Comment