7.06.2011

Oreo Stuffed Bomb.com Brownies

As I was reading the 50billion food blogs I'm subscribed to, I ran across these brownies on Sing For Your Super. Oreo Stuffed. So simple, and yet so genius. Truth be told I'm more into the brownie batter than the actual brownies. In college I would often make brownies for my neighbors just because I loved licking the bowl. haha.

Back to the Oreo brownies. Once I saw them, I found myself thinking about them constantly. After about two weeks of brownie fantasies I whipped them up.

What's that, a regular brownie?
 Oreo Stuffed Brownies
recipe from Sing For Your Supper


2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 c sugar
4 eggs
1 1/4 c cocoa powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 1/2 c flour
1 c chocolate chips
1 pkg double stuffed Oreo's (if we're being honest, they are the only ones that matter)


  • preheat oven to 350 and Pam a 9x13 pan.
  • in a medium bowl microwave to melt the butter, add the sugar, and stir. Microwave a little longer until hot. It should become shiny looking as you stir. Heat once more because this will help create a shiny top crust on the brownies.
  • Beat the eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth. Add the hot butter/sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Finally, add the flour and chocolate chips (one cup, not the whole bag...not that I would do that on accident...) and stir until smooth.
  • Spoon half of the batter into the pan. Next, create your Oreo layer by lining as many as you can on top of the batter layer. Finish it off with the final batter layer. If necessary, spread the batter to the edges and around the oreos. Bake for 34-50 minutes, or until you get a clean toothpick (duh!). 
  • Cool before serving. Or serve warm with a side of ice cream. Whatever floats your brownie boat!

Surprise! It's stuffed with Oreo's!

B loved them so much that she opted to leave them at home instead of sharing with the boys at work (they were sorely disappointed). I did take a few to my co-workers and I'm pretty sure it was like a party in their mouths when they took a bite. Basically, they loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment