9.02.2011

"George Washington, you dirty Bitch" - B

 "George Washington you m efffer." - Me

Tonight B and I had roommate dinner date night at Molina's.

We were talking about scheduling time off for the biggest holidays of the year when I asked B what day did Thanksgiving actually happen on.

She told me she doesn't know, but she does know the rhyme: Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.

So then we proceeded to google the actual date he discovered America.

When I pulled it up it hit me that Christopher Columbus and Thanksgiving are NOT the same thing. BTW Thanksgiving is not a day dedicated to giving thanks for Columbus discovered America.


WTF is wrong with us? I guess I should have paid more attention in history...and in life. Sometimes I swear we are drunk without actually drinking. Did she spike our water with Grey Goose? She's always doing that...

P.S. Why wasn't every 4th Friday declared Thanksgiving instead of Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment