6.20.2012

Rock n Pole

Saturday night I met up with J and Honey to attend "Nothing Like a Classic," hosted by Melee on the Bayou. This was a mini pole showcase that was slightly more theatrical than the typical show, but had some pretty good performances.

Cleo The Hurricane

Like Cleo the Hurricane. Of course I didn't know who she was because I don't really follow pole competitions, but she's Miss Pole Dance Australia Champion 2012 and she's amazing. I can't even put words to how good she is. She has so much energy and the way her legs moved? I didn't know someone could be that flexible! Pretty sure my jaw was on the floor. 

This is her performance from the show:


She had stopped by PLT during the week to perform, unfortunately I missed that, but she gave Erica some stretching tips on how she increased her flexibility to basically make her body move as though it's unhinged. That's def something that's now a work in progress.

Sunday was another early running day. This time with Garmin!

I quickly got showered and ready for my breakfast and antiquing date with Amanda and Jes. The girls were running late because Jes was waiting on Amanda and couldn't get a hold of her. I told her to just pick me up and we'll hit up breakfast and Amanda can meet up later. I saw on fb that she was out for a friends bday party the night before, so I figured she'd just overslept and wasn't ditching us on purpose.

We had breakfast at Egg & I which has become one of my fave places to grab a waffle, other than my own kitchen.I'm glad Jess likes it too! Amanda finally came back to life by the time we were done with breakfast and explained about how her phone had died so she didn't know she had overslept. I wasn't mad since I got food, just sad that we didn't get to hang.

The antique thing was ok. I didn't find anything I loved, but Jess did. It was outside and hot as hell. Literally, burning. It def encouraged us to get in and out pretty quick.

So we stopped at Yogurtland on the way home. I got a little carried away and ended up with a little too much. Which I didn't realize until I ate it all, went to open pole, and felt like I wanted to vomit my guts out. Yeah, def not a good time.

It was Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family, so I started watching that and ended up taking a 3 hour nap during Prisoner of Azkaban. But I woke up in time for Half Blood Prince. I really don't know why I bother watching them on TV when I can just pop in the DVD and get back at least an hour of my life. Oh well, I guess it just gave me more time to soak in the facts so I can continue to be a HP Scene It champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment