7.24.2012

That One Time Croc Said I Was Cute

Haha. But really.

We've been working on resurrecting Sunday grill (maybe it would be more successful if Harry let us borrow the resurrection stone?). One week it was a double date situation: Adam & April, me & Kylekins. Awwww.

The next week was a love triangle: Adam, Adam, and Me.

This Sunday we finally had the old crew with some new additions: Adam & April, Kyle, Croc, Other Adam and his lady, Adam's brother, Me, B, and Kat. I'm obviously super good with names.

Anyway, Croc and Kyle started talking about Aggie Happy Hour. I tried to invite myself , but being that I'm not an aggie (red raider fo lyfe!) I just don't think I'll fit in/be welcome. So instead I gave Kyle and Croc the task of finding me a suitor when they go. I gave them a basic foundation of what I'm looking for: age 26-30, taller than me, attractive, good job, looking for a wife. Croc looked at me like I was crazy and told me I'd have to come myself if I was going to husband hunt. Ugh. I told him that he needs to scout it out, and if he finds good prospects then I'll go the next week. And then he told me I was cute.

Ok, it didn't happen exactly like that. It was more of a "What do you want me to say to these guys? I have a friend who's looking for a husband and she's cute." I would suggest leaving the cute part in, but maybe not saying the 'H' word so soon because I might not even like these fools just because they meet the basic criteria. But maybe throw in there how I'm funny, but don't mention the blog because I can't have these fools knowing I'm a little cray before I gig 'em (if you will).
This is great to know that Croc thinks I'm cute so that if I get too old, give up on dating, and marry him, he can at least enjoy looking at me when I'm driving him crazy. The only problem is the last time I brought this up Croc told me he wouldn't marry me if I didn't love him...even if I was the last person alive. I tried to explain to him how Katniss pretended to love Peeta, then she ended up loving him for (real or not real?) real. So I could either learn to love him, or just fake it and he would never know the difference. I don't think he's really buying into this whole plan. Crap.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous24.7.12

    You need a back up person to marry.....like Pheebie had Joey on friends. What age did they agree on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think their age was 30 or 35. But that's coming up too quick! I used to have backups, but they keep getting married!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous25.7.12

    Didn't know one compliment could mean so much! You can't fake love with me Jess!
    -Croc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to have a backup plan!

      Delete