2.27.2013

Cherry Donut Icing


I have made no secret of my love for donuts. The cherry iced by Donut Stop in particular. Good thing I also have a love for working out otherwise I'd really be in a bind!

My Dad knows of this unhealthy relationship, and my love of baking, so he got me a donut maker for Christmas. This is probably why I am Daddy's girl.


presh to death.

For my first donut adventure I used the mix that Dad bought me - no need to get crazy right away!

But I knew I wanted to make the icing instead of using the cinnamon sugar it came with. And I happened to make these during Valentine's week, so you know it had to be pink. And if it's pink, then it has to be cherry.

This stuff was so easy and delicious that I would prefer to drizzle it on everything for always!

Linking up with Buns In My Oven to share this goodness!

Cherry Icing
1/4 c milk
1 tbsp cherry extract
2 1/4 c powdered sugar
Red food coloring

  • Mix the milk and extract in a saucepan over low heat.
  • Once warm add in the powdered sugar and whisk slowly.
  •  Once combined, add in the food coloring.
  • Remove from heat and dip those donuts!

*I dipped my donuts twice, letting them sit on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet (to catch any runaway icing) in between dippings.

The office loved them, and continued to love me in return. #winning for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment