6.19.2013

Cinnamon Rolls



Back in college I ran a marathon with Team in Training to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We had a few bake sales to raise money - I think I ended up making about $1200 between the 3. You know I bake like a boss!
Anyway, for the first one my Grandma donated many baked goods, including the cinnamon rolls. My mom complained about how she loves these cinnamon rolls but Grandma never makes them. I didn't try any that day because they sold quick.

About 6 years later and I still hadn't tried the cinnamon rolls. I randomly thought of this and requested the recipe. Y'all, these are really easy and super delicious!

I made them for Steve - he loved them. I brought the leftovers to the office the next day - they loved them.

Linking up with Buns In My Oven to share the deliciousness!
So, here's the recipe as emailed by Grandma:

Cinnamon rolls
Scald 1 cup milk-add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup shortening and 1 tsp salt. Let cool in large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup flour to warm milk. beat 2 eggs and add. Dissolve 1 package yeast in1/4 cup warm water and add. Beat until smooth. Add 2 1/2 cups of flour gradually to form soft dough. Beat until smooth. Put sough in a well greased bowl cover and let rise in a warm place till double, about 2 hours.

Roll 1/2 recipe on lightly floured surface to oblong shape 1/4" thick. Brush with melted butter or margarine and sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Roll up and seal edges. cut in 1" slices.

Place rolls cut side down in greased pan. Cover and let rise till double.

bake 375 degrees for 25 min

Icing
2 cups powdered sugar and enough milk to make spreading consistency. add dash of salt and 1 tsp vanilla.


And there you have it! I did add more cinnamon/sugar mix than she does, but then again I tend to be a little over the top with flavor.

Enjoy!
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, these look AMAZING!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete